Ask CC

Our Best Answer

Declaring or Changing a Major or Minor

Although students at SBCC declare a course of study, they are not restricted to taking certain courses within that major.  Part of the function of a Community College is to help students explore their interests, broaden their horizons and help chart a course for their eventual career.

However, SBCC has resources to help you choose a major so that you can transfer or get your degree or certificate in a timely manner.  If you are undecided and want help clarifying your major and goal you are encouraged to visit the Career Center. Here is more information about the Career Center -

Need to change your major?

Log into your Pipeline account, go to "Registration" tab and select “Update Ed Goal and Major”.

Was this response helpful?